Friday, October 29, 2010

DAY 19: On Disrespecting Your Parents

I'm not a big fan of disrespecting the padres.

I remember one particular English class a couple weeks ago. We were talking about this short story by Hemingway; in it, the father commits suicide while his wife gives birth in the same room. The professor commented that it's a strange thing to have this thing--this breathing, squirming baby--come out of this other thing that you once had sex with. My professor said that death was easy. Birth, on the other hand, isn't. How do men bang their wives after they witness childbirth? That "thing" is never quite the same.


Anyways, I feel like it must have sucked for my mom to have to given birth to me, so I try to give her as little trouble as I can. I owe her big time.

Plus, I love her.

And I think it's too late for me to go through a weird rebellion stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment