Saturday, October 30, 2010

DAY 20: On Education

I'm really sleepy right now.

And really? I have to write about education?

Usually I "edit" what I write before I post it, but for the past few days, I've been spewing mind vomit. It's pretty noticeable.

I don't really learn all that much in college that I don't already know. College, from what I figure, is mainly about honing the skills you do have. Or, if you're a science/business major, drilling unnecessary information into your head. If what we learned in class mattered, students wouldn't pay to skip, fall asleep, play games, check fantasy football, and/or stalk kids on Facebook in class.

It's like brainwashing. Soon, you start seeing sex positions in organic chemistry molecules. Check it out: CH2 Vibrations

To put things "in a nutshell," I think we learn more about ourselves and others in college more than we learn about whatever we're majoring in. We learn that the bulk of us are retarded, douchebags, and self-centered bitches. We learn how to cope with friends with benefits, one night stands, and break-ups. We learn how to survive on barely edible food and no air conditioning. We become "independent," kinda. I'm pretty sure most guys still depend on their mommys to do their laundry for them.

---

On a side note: I think most people celebrated Halloween this year the night before Halloween. Halloween is Sunday Oct. 31st.

There seems to be something innately wrong with celebrating Halloween on a Sunday if you're Christian.

Or maybe the Christians who celebrate Halloween really don't care. They dress like skanks on Halloween and then put on their Sunday best next week. He'll forgive you, right?

1 comment:

  1. well when you think about the types of vibrations, the names dont help either

    ReplyDelete